Aviation fuels contain additives with “trade secret” ingredients. Aviation produced contrails’ effect on our climate is still not known after 60 years of flights. Dirty fuels produce dirty exhaust, however this is not geoengineering, this is copyright trumping public health concerns.
I launched Operation Clarity as a campaign to “get to the bottom” of the chemtrail/contrail debate. I began researching pollution for my ClimateViewer 3D online app two years ago when I first read about chemtrails. I scratched my head and started watching the sky. For about a year, I devoted too much time to making blog posts, taking pictures, and telling everyone I met about how “they” were geoengineering the skies.
Then I learned about “fear-porn” “slavespeak” and “perception management.” I realized that if I really wanted to get the to the truth, I would have to read it all again with my new “propaganda goggles.” I read the major websites from the conspiracy world, I read the debunkers version, I read the science stuff, and here is my version of the story (until better evidence presents iteself).
Definition of Chemtrail
- The invisible chemical trail present in jet engine exhaust plumes.
- The visible contrail (persistent or not) which is filled with chemical exhaust particulates.
- The governments, scientific communities, and universities of the world recognize there are many problems associated with aviation related pollution, have been studying contrails and exhaust plumes, and designing new fuels and engines to hopefully address the problem.
- Many new issues (like land grabs) associated with the switch to Biofuel are compounding the overwhelmingly difficult situation the aviation industry faces.
- Aviation fuels contain additives with “trade secret” ingredients. Dirty fuel produces dirty exhaust, however this is not geoengineering, this is copyright trumping public health concerns. Futher, most jet fuel MSDS sheets say “No environmental data is available for this product.”
- Aviation pollution inadvertently seeds clouds using carbon black (soot), lead, aluminum, barium and other chemicals, release massive amounts of CO2, contribute to acid rain, and have substantial side-effects on global warming. Persistent contrails effect on the climate is still unknown.
- Bill Gates, David Keith, and Ken Caldeira, using their FICER money, are trying to get laws passed and federal funding for geoengineering SRM. See the REAL HISTORY, and tell everyone about their attempts to coat the skies in sulfuric acid or aluminum to reflect our sunlight away, which will kill people.
- The real geoengineers and their cronies (pictured below) post their research everyday on Google Forums. Read their research and decide for yourself, then tell them how you feel about all this, like I did.
- Browse The History of Chemtrails (interactive timeline)
- See the real Geoengineering Projects and see The History of Weather Control (interactive timeline)!
- Find something to care about on ClimateViewer 3D
- Get Involved!
Now I will present my evidence:
Here we see a breakdown of what actually comes out of the aircraft engines, and how that affects climate, health, and money.
A round trip flight from New York to Los Angeles releases as much C02 as one automobile does in an entire year. On a yearly basis all air travel releases 600 million tons of carbon dioxide into the atmosphere. 1 round trip flight from NY to LA = 2,000 pounds of CO2! Neither chemtrail supporters nor debunkers point out the obvious effects aviation has on our climate.
The Weather Modification Association met at the 18th Conference on Planned and Inadvertent Weather Modification, Thursday, 27 January 2011, and discussed how aviation creates hole-punch and canal clouds, and how persistent contrails contribute to inadvertent cloud-seeding. Videos:   
Aviation, Public Relations, and Miscommunication
All over the world, the science community is rushing to fix the problems associated with persistent contrails, carbon black emissions, and hopefully acid rain. Here are a few of those studies and failed public relations attempts:
We begin with the IPCC reports on Aviation Produced Climate Change:
“NASA has identified water vapor emission into the upper atmosphere from commercial transport aircraft, particularly as it relates to the formation of persistent contrails, as a potential environmental problem. Since 1999, MSE has been working with NASA-LaRC to investigate the concept of a transport-size emissionless aircraft fueled with liquid hydrogen combined with other possible breakthrough technologies” | Link,
- “Contrails not Chemtrails“ on larc.nasa.gov
- “Contrail Education” at larc.nasa.gov
- The Contrail Effect on PBS
- The Double-Sided Sensitivity of Clouds to Air Pollution & Intentional Seeding | Link
- Aviation Climate Change Research Initiative (ACCRI)
- Manchester Metropolitan University Omega project
- Air Traffic Management and Aviation Non-CO2 Issues
- Climate Compatible Air Transport System Symposium
- On the life time of contrail cirrus
- Delft University of Technology AE3-T50 Case Study/Mini Project Formation of Contrails
- The dependence of contrail formation on weather pattern and altitude in the North Atlantic
- A contrail cirrus prediction model
- Cirrus, contrails, and ice supersaturated regions in high pressure
systems at northern mid latitudes
- Numerical simulations of contrail-to-cirrus transition –
Part 1: An extensive parametric study
- How to avoid contrail cirrus
- Climate Optimized Routing of Flights
- Aviation and climate change: Options for mitigation
- Chicken fat fuel emissions look cleaner, greener
- Integrated Analysis and Design Environment for a Climate Compatible Air Transport System
- And so many MORE!
Meanwhile back at the ranch, the claim that “some group intentionally added chemicals to aviation fuel to create clouds and reflect sunlight” culminated in the Belfort Groups‘ “Case Orange“, followed by several big-name documentaries.
“They put something in the gas”
They put lots of things in the gas, the question for the conspiracy community I guess is: Who did it, why did they do it, and was this purpose intentionally nefarious? Two of these questions are easily answerable, the third will probably never be known.
Development of a cold flow fuel additive can lower commercial airlines operating costs.
AFRL’s Propulsion Directorate, Turbine Engine Division, Fuels Branch, Wright-Patterson AFB OH
In 1989, the Propulsion Directorate began evaluating jet fuel additives to reduce coking and maintenance costs in aircraft engines and fuel systems. In 1994, the directorate selected an additive, designated SPECxAID 8Q462, to test on F-16s with Pratt & Whitney F100-PW-200 engines. The resultant additized fuel, designated JP-8+100, raises the fuel’s thermal stability up to 100∞ F hotter without increasing its propensity to form coke. The two-year test program using JP-8+100 resulted in a significant reduction in coke-related maintenance. To date, thousands of Air Force aircraft, as well as numerous aircraft of allied nations, successfully use JP-8+100. The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) recently approved the use of the Betz Dearborn SPEC×AID 8Q462 fuel additive and its commercial equivalents for all Pratt & Whitney commercial aircraft turbine engines. The FAA’s approval of the additive for use in commercial engines is a huge step towards wide use in the commercial aviation industry.All Air Force aircraft, with the exception of the high-altitude U-2 reconnaissance aircraft, use JP-8 fuel. The U-2 uses jet propellant, thermally stable (JP-TS) fuel because of the decreased freeze point and elevated thermal stability requirements of the U-2’s higher altitude flights. JP-8+100 meets the thermal stability requirements but falls short of JP-TS low-temperature capabilities. The directorate is starting the second of a five-year program to improve the low-temperature properties of JP-8 fuel through the use of additives.
Jet fuel freezes, similar to gelatin, and firms but does not solidify like frozen water. The directorate developed a new fuel, JP-8+100LT (LT for low temperature), that will suppress crystal growth and adherence. Freezing crystals, like building blocks, stack onto each other. As they group together, they become too large to pass through fuel screens and filters (see Figure 1). JP-8+100LT will prevent crystals from building into larger structures and allow fuel to continue flowing through all parts of a system (see Figure 2). Cold flow enhancers prevent crystal growth, enabling small crystals to remain suspended and flowable in liquid fuel.
Jet fuel cost is one driving factor for this research. The price for JP-8 in fiscal year 2000 was $0.61/gal. The cost of JP-TS was $3.25/gal. The cold flow additive package for JP-8 will cost only pennies per gallon, resulting in great savings. This effort promises to reduce U-2 fuel cost by as much as 80%.
Other nations and commercial airlines expressed interest in the fuel additive program. Currently, commercial jet fuel is produced from only the highest grade of petroleum (top 10% of a barrel of oil) to meet temperature range and thermal stability requirements. This makes the price of commercial jet fuels very expensive. Airlines can significantly reduce their operating costs through the use of this cold flow additive, which can extend the temperature range of jet fuel produced from lower grades of petroleum. Due to international interest in this technology, the directorate’s research team presented a paper at the International Association for the Stability and Handling of Jet Fuels Symposium in Graz, Austria.
The directorate recently opened a new cold flow fuel laboratory at Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio. It houses a cold stage microscope, differential scanning calorimeter, and the low-temperature fuel wing tank simulator. A larger scale simulator, currently under construction, will incorporate a model of the U-2 wing, but will also fully adapt to accommodate future testing for other planes, such as the Global Hawk and other technically advanced aircraft.
Transition of this new fuel to operational Air Force units is under way. One method is to mix LT with +100 and distribute the mixture to operational units. JP-8+100LT may also have applications in other military vehicles.
Ms. Cynthia Obringer and 1Lt Kirsten Wohlwend of the Air Force Research Laboratory’s Propulsion Directorate wrote this article. For more information contact TECH CONNECT at (800) 203-6451 or place a request at http://www.afrl.af.mil/techconn/index.htm. Reference document PR-00-08.
- SPEC-AID 8Q462 FUEL STABILIZER
- AMRL Evaluation of the JP-8+100 Jet Fuel Thermal Stability Additive
- +100 JP-8 fuel addtive, what is it?
- GE Betz
Dinonylnaphthylsulfonic acid (DINNSA)
- Stadis450 antistatic additive MSDS (DINNSA)
Not surprisingly, UNEP (United Nations Environment Programme) only makes casual mention of these metal particles, and fails to provide any information as to their role in atmospheric aerosol formation. source
King Industries committed two sponsoring four chemicals as part of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA) High Production Volume (HPV) Challenge Program. These chemicals include diisononylnaphthalene (CAS No. 63512-64-1); dinonylnaphthalene sulfonic acid (CAS No. 25322-17-2); dinonylnaphthalene sulfonic acid, calcium salt (CAS. 57855-77-3); dinonylnaphthalene and sulfonic acid , barium salt (CAS. 25619-56-1). As part of King Industries‘ commitment, Exponent has assembled available data and prepared a test plan to Develop additional screening level data on human health effects, environmental fate and effects, and physicochemical properties of the dinonylnaphthalene category.
Contrail Science by Mick West, creator of Tony Hawk Pro Skater, and his forum, Metabunk.org typifies the “other side of the story” when it comes to the chemtrail/contrail conspiracy. Metabunks’ members try to “set the record straight” by “trolling” and commenting on social media postings, only to aggravate the situation.
THE BOTTOM LINE:
The shenanigans must end. This is a very complicated topic, with no clear answers. Neither community is right.
There are plenty of scientists saying things like:
- “Use commuter aircraft fuels doped with aerosol generators” source
- “dissolved or suspended in their jet fuel and later burned with the fuel to create seeding aerosol, or (2) injected into the hot engine exhaust, which should vaporize the seeding material, allowing it to condense as aerosol in the jet contrail” source
- “Options for dispersing gases from planes include the addition of sulfur to the fuel, which would release the aerosol through the exhaust system of the plane, or the attachment of a nozzle to release the sulfur from its own tank within the plane, which would be the better option.” source
- “The particles may be seeded by dispersal from seeding aircraft; one exemplary technique may be via the jet fuel as suggested by prior work regarding the metallic particles. Once the tiny particles have been dispersed into the atmosphere, the particles may remain in suspension for up to one year.” source
- “create localized fog or stratus cloud formations shielding critical assets against attack from energy based weapons” source
- “Planetary catastrophe is inevitable without geoengineering to cool the Arctic” source
- “Establish the positive and negative net forcing from contrails, and encourage flight paths of commercial airplanes to reduce positive or increase negative net forcing. The ban on polar flights, lifted recently, should be reintroduced” source
“They” also say:
- “Stratospheric passenger flights are likely an inefficient geoengineering strategy” source
- “Commercial aircraft ‘not viable strategy’ for geoengineering” source
- “Conspiracy theories that target specific research can have serious consequences for public health and environmental policies,” “Conspiracy theories are dangerous when the meme is used to discredit scientific evidence in a public forum or in a legal proceeding,” and “…scientists need to be careful about releasing findings on controversial issues, making sure they have been thoroughly reviewed and that the data sets are available for others to analyse” source
This last statement IS the reason we are in this situation: lack of communication. People say lots of things on the internet, and that doesn’t mean any of it is true. My father-in-law says:
“Believe none of what you hear, and half of what you see“
“There are two sides of a story and somewhere in the middle is the truth“
So how does our story end?
THE END OF CHEMTRAILS, OR IS IT?
Jet Biofuel Enlisted For Contrail Control March 5, 2013
Contrails might be a punch line in the culture these days, thanks to the imaginative folks who have rechristened them “chemtrails” and embroidered them with elaborate theories involving government and corporate misdeed.
But contrails are pretty serious business for a less conspiratorial reason: scientists believe these ice clouds generated by water exhaust gases from aircraft engines could have a real impact on the climate, perhaps by cooling temperatures during the day and warming them at night.
That’s where a new phase in an ongoing NASA study comes into play: The space agency recently began doing flights over the Southern California desert in which a DC-8 “flying laboratory” is testing the contrail consequences of using standard JP-8 jet fuel versus a 50-50 blend of JP-8 and a biofuel made from camelina plants.
- INCITE Researchers Explore How Aircraft Contrails Can Impact Climate
- (ACCESS) Alternative-Fuel Effects on Contrails and Cruise EmiSSions flight schedule
This bio-fuels made from camelina plants, algae, and other sources may mean the end of persistent contrails, but will it end the chemtrail conspiracy? I doubt it, next we will hear about how airlines are burning GMO plants and raining Monsanto chemicals on an unsupecting public to depopulate the world, every technocrat’s dream-come-true.
Nonetheless, the extreme rate that technology is progressing coupled with increasingly shorter health testing is cause for concern. One finds that it is almost impossible to tell currently “What in the World are they Spraying” as some components are trade secret, and there is no public database of chemicals currently in use.
What will these two communities do now that all this information is available. They will read it and spin it, or will they tell the truth? Kiss these goodbye:
Concerned about real geoengineering? Click here.